Please note there is a special procedure for outings to enable them to run as smoothly as possible. The following is for new members, and a reminder for existing members.
I often have a number of outings at the planning stage – currently five. Without the following system, the organisation of these outings would not exist. Outings are promoted via email, with an application form.
If you do not have access to a printer, please let me know. I always carry a few spare copies for this reason. The Newsletter and Website also have basic details.
To ensure a place on any outing, please:
- Fill in an application form with all details.
- Return the form to me, with any monies required (transport/entrance/lunch).
- Bookings are on a first come first served basis.
- Get the form back to me by the closing date, to avoid trips being cancelled.
- Leave plenty of time to arrive at the departure point.
- If, for any reason you are unable to make it – please contact me, home or mobile.
At the moment the system has become haphazard – forms without payment (when required), money without a form or just by word of mouth, or just an email. I am sometimes left trying to
remember who has given/said what. People have also turned up expecting to come on an outing when they haven’t booked, and also not turning up for various reasons, leaving us waiting.
Thank you in advance for your help.